EMASI Summer School Diary - Week 3
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We closed the third week of summer school today. Please see a roundup of updates this week:
- Kindergartens have not only settled into a routine, but this week teachers began to see signs to trying to become independent. Some of the children began to get dressed by themselves, go to the toilet alone, remember to wash their hands, etc. This is a great sign to see!
- Students are settling into their swimming lesson now. Each class has swim practice in smaller groups with Swimland teachers and have begun to focus on a range of skills based on their level: from being brave enough to put their face under water to floating on their backs or from practicing across short distances and jumping in confidently and heading to the edge. I can see this is one of the most popular activities of the week!
- In terms of music, everyone is working on different areas. Kindergarten children explored music and movement to encourage curiosity and imagination. Elementary students were introduced to foreign folk songs to increase their sensitivity to other cultures, while reviewing beat and rhythm. In the Secondary levels, they explored different musical genre to help students discover their own musical style and develop self-expression.
- Today, we closed the week with a ‘Fun and Games’ theme for everyone. Every class got to just have fun with games, from doing hoops on the grass and trying to play board games for the first time, to thinking about tactics and strategies in more complex games, or solving logic puzzles and shooting hoops.
A few reminders from the school:
- We can see the students prefer to choose their own set lunch. Therefore, from next week, please note we will allow students to select their own choice of set lunch. As usual, we will continue to encourage students to select carefully and try to finish all the portions served. We will send out the menu for the next three weeks at the beginning of next week for your reference.
- We ask that parents check the children’s notebook in the evening for special announcements. It was very unfortunate to see that some children could not swim this week due to having forgotten to bring their swimming costumes.
Have a great weekend everyone. We’ll be looking forward to next Monday!
Course Director – EMASI International Bilingual SchoolsShare this page: